EGR Global, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented journalist to help lead the expansion of our market-leading B2B coverage of the gambling industry into the North American market.
With the US Supreme Court recently permitting each state to legalise sports betting, it is an exciting time for the EGR brand as more and more states begin to offer regulated sports betting. Indeed, analysts predict a 50-state market for sports betting could be worth up to $16bn.
Reporting into EGR Global’s Group Head of Content, the successful candidate will take a leading role for both the print magazine and dedicated website. This will involve breaking off-diary news stories, writing features and building up a large contact book of sources.
The Senior Reporter/Editor will initially be based in either Pageant Media’s London or New York office. However, UK-based candidates must be willing to relocate to the US in the long term and work out of our New York office.
In addition, EGR hosts a number of events throughout the year in the US and across the globe, so there will be plenty of opportunities for international travel.
• Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
• Send out the EGR North America newsletter on a daily basis
• Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
• Work with the UK-based editorial and production teams to ensure the print magazine goes to print on time every month
• Write features for our magazine based on in-depth research of some of the key issues impacting the North American market
• Regularly interview and profile senior executives at some of the world’s biggest gambling brands
• Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the online gambling sector
• Represent the EGR brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
• At least three years’ journalism experience, preferably with another B2B publication
• Must be willing to relocate to the US to work out of our New York-based office
• A journalism degree and/or NCTJ training preferable but not essential
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• An interest and some knowledge of the online gambling world would also be advantageous
Please email a cover letter and CV to EGR’s Group Head of Content, Andy Roocroft: firstname.lastname@example.org