Leading hedge fund media brand HFM Global is looking to expand its team of award-winning journalists with a new hire in its New York office.
We are looking for a bright and confident journalist with experience of regularly breaking off-diary stories, writing insightful analysis pieces and building up and cultivating a large contact book of helpful sources working in one of the most dynamic and interesting parts of the financial world.
The successful candidate will primarily be working on HFMWeek, our flagship title, which is continuing to significantly grow its number of paid subscribers.
Applicants should have at least two years of journalism experience, preferably with business or finance publications, and display both the hunger and drive required to be successful in this role and the ability to function well as part of our 18-strong team of journalists working across our New York and London offices.
The senior reporter will be based in Pageant Media’s new contemporary office in Madison Avenue, midtown Manhattan, offering exceptional light and city views.
UK-based candidates must be willing to relocate to the US.
• Write daily news articles and regularly break off-diary stories
• Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
• Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the US hedge fund industry
• Assist with editing other reporters’ stories when required
• Moderate industry panel discussions where required and work alongside events and marketing staff on HFM's range of briefings, conferences and summits around the world
- Competitive Salary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Life insurance
- 24 days holiday rising up to 29 days
- Birthday day off
- Free breakfast provided
- Social Events throughout the year
- Independent Company with established brands
- Over 200 staff globally
- Office locations in London, New York & Hong Kong
- Friendly experienced team
- Modern office complete with TV, Table tennis & video games
• At least two years’ journalism experience, preferably with another business or finance publication
• Must be willing to relocate to the US to work out of our New York office
• Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
• A journalism degree and/or professional training preferable, but not essential
• An interest and some knowledge of the hedge fund industry would also be advantageous
To apply for this role , please send a covering letter and CV to HFMWeek editor : Matt Smith - M.Smith@hfmweek.com