REFI Europe, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented and enthusiastic reporter to join its London-based team. The brand’s website and weekly print newsletter cover market-moving news and analysis across all real estate asset classes in continental Europe and the UK.
Reporting into REFI Europe’s managing editor, the successful candidate will break news, proactively identify and cover key issues in the market, provide creative reporting of major industry events and develop sources. This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in expanding their knowledge of business and financial journalism at a leading trade publication.
REFI Europe works closely with REFI US, providing opportunities for the successful candidate to exchange ideas and work on insightful features with the New York-based editorial team.
- Write daily news articles and break stories
- Send out the REFI Europe newsletter on a daily basis
- Pitch and work on well-researched analytical pieces with minimal supervision
- Work with the UK-based editorial and production teams on the weekly print newsletter
- Regularly interview and profile senior real estate executives
- Build a large contact book of real estate experts across Europe
- Attend Europe’s biggest real estate conferences
Degree in journalism or a related field
- 3 years working in a newsroom, preferably covering financial news
- Proficient in working with social media, data and content management systems
- Excellent communication skills, journalism ethics, multi-tasking and strong time management skills in a deadline-driven environment are a must
- Proficiency in another European language would be an advantage (preferably German or French but Italian or Spanish would also be a plus)
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gavin Clink email@example.com