Fund Intelligence, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented journalist to help lead the expansion of our market-leading coverage of the US asset management sector.
The successful candidate will be covering the compliance beat for Fund Intelligence and contributing to its fortnightly magazine Compliance Reporter. The role covers the in-house compliance functions of fund shops and the regulators that set the rules for them. With agencies like the Securities and Exchange Commission currently in the midst of creating new regulatory frameworks around a host of hot-button issues such as fiduciary duties, fund liquidity, and cryptocurrencies, it’s an exciting time to be reporting on the space.
The successful candidate will take a leading role for both the print magazine and website. This will involve breaking off-diary news stories, writing features and building up a large contact book of sources. They will also cover numerous events and industry conferences throughout the year, providing plenty of opportunities to travel and learn the space.
The reporter will be based in Pageant’s recently opened New York office on Madison Square Park and work as part of a fast-paced 12-person news team.
• Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
• Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
• Work with the editorial and production teams to ensure the print magazine goes to print on time
• Regularly interview and profile chief compliance officers and top regulators
• Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the fund compliance, legal, and regulatory field
• Represent the Fund Intelligence brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
• At least one years of journalism experience or strong work experience and qualifications
• Must be willing to work out of our New York-based office
• Journalism degree training preferable, but not essential
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• An interest in and some knowledge of the mutual fund sector is preferable, but not essential
Please email a cover letter and CV to Paul McMillan : firstname.lastname@example.org