Absolute Return, part of Pageant Media, has an opening on its news desk for a full-time reporter covering the U.S. hedge fund industry.
The position requires the ability to develop sources, a passion for producing exclusive news and analysis and an investigative drive. This is a pure, original reporting role, with no rewriting of press releases or already broken news. This position would suit a candidate who wants a role that balances a data-driven component, with an analytical, journalistic element.
Reporting experience is required, as is the ability to be tenacious in the face of resistance. The position offers the opportunity for rapid advancement for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will take a leading role for both the print magazine and website. This will involve breaking news stories, writing features and building up a large contact book of sources. They will also cover a large number of events and industry conferences throughout the year, providing plenty of opportunities to travel and learn the space.
The reporter will be based in Pageant’s recently opened New York office on Madison Square Park and work as part of a fast-paced news team.
• Excellent reporting skills and ability to write engaging copy.
• Sharp analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
• Intellectually curious and desire to dig beyond top-line information.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Well-organized, reliable and effective time management skills.
• Knowledge of hedge funds and asset management industry a strong plus.
Please email a cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com