Pageant Media is looking for a Marketing Manager to join their team on a contract basis to provide maternity cover.
Pageant Media is a global independent provider of business intelligence and insight, delivering content and events as well as performance data and investor data.
The Marketing Manager will lead on the marketing planning and campaign delivery for Pageant Media’s flagship portfolio of hedge fund events (100+ a year) ensuring that registration/attendee and awards entries targets are consistently met or exceeded. This includes awards, summits, dinners, breakfast briefings and webinars.
The Marketing Manager will also work closely with the commercial team and provide marketing support to ensure that sales targets are exceeded.
The Marketing Manager will take the lead on the development and planning of the events, working closely with other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of each event, and contribute new ideas and foster collaboration between departments.
The role has three direct reports, a Marketing Executive, Membership Events Executive and Marketing Assistant, and the Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping them to meet their objectives and provide ongoing training and coaching to ensure that they reach their full potential.
The role is challenging and requires someone who is focused, hard-working, results-orientated and able to deliver under pressure.
- Meet or exceed revenue and delegate/ awards registration targets for all the events in the hedge funds portfolio
- Work with and provide support to the commercial team to help them exceed sales targets
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and grow the hedge funds events portfolio
- Work with Membership Marketing and Head of Events Marketing to identify and maximise membership lead generation opportunities within the events campaigns
- Help position marketing as a centre of excellence within the business
- Ensure all event planning and marketing processes are firmly embedded within the team and that they lead by example to the rest of the events marketing team and wider event stakeholders
- Management and execution of marketing for all hedge fund events
- Management and mentoring of a Marketing Executive, a Membership Events Executive and a Marketing Assistant
- Manage the planning process for each event, ensuring collaboration and communication across all departments to ensure a successful launch that is delivered on time
- Identify and action new opportunities to drive marketing best practice and innovation across the portfolio
- Maximise opportunities to improve marketing processes and activity, such as email automation and dynamic content
- Proactive database development to support individual marketing campaigns and long term audience development
- Brief in and manage all event design requirements, ensuring that marketing collateral meets brand guidelines
- Carry out post event research and analysis for each event and circulate a post event marketing report to key event stakeholders
- Collaborate with the wider events marketing team to share ideas and best practice
- Lead on projects to ensure that events marketing systems and processes are being utilised effectively and share best practice with the wider events marketing team
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience within a B2B events environment
- Proven people management skills
- Knowledge and experience of the full marketing mix
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Pro-active and able to problem solve independently
- Passionate about success and delivering consistently excellent results
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong creative writing skills
- Strong maths and analytical abilities
- Excellent Excel skills
- Commercially focused, and able to bring new ideas on board
- Able to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
Please email your CV to Gavin Clink - firstname.lastname@example.org