The event producer/researcher will interview and research with key figures in the financial services sectors, across the Pageant Media portfolio, to create in-depth agendas for a variety of content led events held globally. They will recruit speakers for breakfasts, dinners, workshops, summits and briefings and project manage the events from end to end. The role also involves international travel, attendance at the events and building up relationships with key senior stakeholders globally across the industries the brands operate within.
The role will predominantly be working across the real estate, insurance and journals portfolios within pageant media, which currently operates 30 events of varying sizes across the year.
- To research, develop and produce a portfolio of commercially viable events (summits, briefings, breakfasts and dinners) based on in-depth market research
- To own each product from end to end, assisting and driving the marketing, operations, delegate acquisition, sponsorship and editorial teams to ensure targets are hit and the portfolio achieves double digit growth
- To aid the events marketing team to produce promotionally led-programme and sales copy that is in the language of the market
- To acquire top-level speakers as defined during the research phase and within the timelines set out by the Global Events Director
- To work with the project team to manage the individual event P&L’s and ensure all direct event costs are kept within the budget and forecasts set out by the Global Events Director
- To ensure all relevant deadlines are hit in line with the production schedule as set by the Global Events Director
- Ensure the relevant project documentation is always up to date and to maintain appropriate and accessible records of research in project file
- To contribute to a friendly, fun and positive working environment
- To work effectively side by side the other conference functions to ensure successful deliver of high value, high quality events
- Produce events in line with the product life cycle
- Pro-actively raise with your line manager any potential problems that may affect hitting and achieving agreed deadlines
- To project manage the team working on each event – that means ensuring that all project meetings are held on time with agenda and minutes, all reports and documentation are completed on time, that the team hits their deadlines and if there are any problems this is flagged as early as possible
- To provide marketing with as many new sources and leads as possible for each event
- To assist sponsorship in their role of generating the sponsorship revenue target through attending meetings and inputting into the sales plan.
- To manage the conference on the day to ensure the most successful event possible
- Collaborate with Operation Teams to ensure operational and logistical success of the conference in your remit
- To carry out post-conference administration including debrief, retention plan, delegate form analysis and thank you letters