Reporter – Cardiff
Pageant Media is looking for a bright and enthusiastic reporter to join our growing team of journalists covering the activities of institutional investors. The role is ideal for an early-career journalist looking to build their financial reporting experience working on established global media brands. We need a reporter hungry for news, who will come in and hit the phones to uncover valuable exclusive information for our subscribers, and cultivate strong relationships with senior industry execs.
You’ll be working as part of a fast-paced news team, with daily news conferences and story targets to ensure we are providing our asset manager subscribers with the actionable intelligence they need from us, ahead of the game. Your work will feature in our leading asset manager brands HFM, Fund Intelligence, REFI and PCFI.
You’ll be working with colleagues across our global footprint to track the investment decisions of the world’s largest and most sophisticated investors.
- Break daily news about institutional investors
- Build relationships among the investor community by working the phones, arranging in-person meetings, and attending industry events (when feasible due to Covid-19).
- Stay on top of wider industry trends impacting hedge funds, real estate fund managers, traditional asset managers and private credit managers
- Travel occasionally to cover industry conferences and build contacts (when feasible due to Covid-19).
- Financial reporting experience and/or journalism training and a desire to build a career in financial/business journalism
- Ability to break exclusive news and write compelling and insightful analysis
- Analytical and comfortable working with data
- Good networking skills and a track record of developing useful contacts and sources
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Knowledge of investing, wealth management and asset allocation strategies a plus
How to apply
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com