Head of Event Content, Maternity Cover – London
Pageant’s operational events portfolio is built around summits and webinars, aimed at helping asset managers run their businesses better. HFM is the leading brand, aimed at hedge fund professionals. HFM’s flagship operational leaders’ summit takes place in Europe, Asia and the US sits at the core, with other summits aimed at different job functions, strategies and size of managers making up the rest of the content-led event portfolio. HFM also runs several successful award ceremonies rewarding outstanding hedge fund performance and service providers supporting hedge fund businesses.
The events industry landscape is changing; the innovations of the pandemic will have a lasting effect on the value proposition of events with complimentary digital offerings existing alongside in-person events. Content and community will form a key part of HFM’s digital offering through HFM Connect which brings together the best of HFM events through on-demand videos and insight pieces with reports and articles, partner thought-leadership content and analysis.
Pageant is looking for an experienced, strategic producer to lead its event content team as the Head of Event Content Production. You will be responsible for setting the standard for and embedding excellence in content production at Pageant, as well as supporting our awards, providing advice on category and criteria development, shortlisting and the judging process. You will produce events as well as manage the team, taking the leading on the flagship events. The role involves close collaboration with the commercial team and our commercial partners, as the events are sponsorship-led.
You and your team will also lead on providing content for HFM Connect which promotes and showcase our events. This is a key role within the fast-paced Events division, reporting into the Events Director.
- Research, plan, deliver and evaluate content for a wide range of events including summits, conferences and webinars.
- Ensure we have high quality, influential and relevant speakers at each event.
- Set the tone and standard for best-in-class conference production at Pageant
- Lead, manage and develop the team of conference producers.
- Ensure excellence in content creation; delivering value for and exceeding the expectations of sponsors and delegates
- Provide content for, and support the development of HFM Connect, content hub and thought leadership platform for our sponsors
- Lead on and manage initiatives which enhance the portfolio, deliver results against priorities, and improve processes in planning and execution.
- Develop growth plans for HFM’s flagship Summits to make them best-in-class
- Successful deliver launch events in established and new markets
- Analyse and identify key industry trends to deliver engaging, customer-centric content, particularly in terms of virtual, hybrid and return to in-person events
- Establish strong working relationships with commercial, operations, marketing and editorial teams
- Extensive post evaluation to measure the outcomes and identify areas for improvement
- Event customer numbers and quality metrics e.g., of registrations, attendees
- Customer experience and NPS for portfolio
- Timely delivery of in-depth research, agendas and speaker confirmations
- Extensive track record in conference production
- Client focused and proactive
- Virtual event experience a benefit
- Experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of working in the financial sector desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent project management skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
- Passionate, Energetic & Enthusiastic
- Strategic Thinker
- Curious and inquisitive
- High sense of urgency
- Creative & Innovative
- Solution oriented / collaborative