Head of Content – Fundmap – London
Pageant Media Limited is an independent business intelligence company that was formed in 1998 and has grown to become a leading information provider within its core markets. We provide high-value, specialist business information to the insurance, hedge funds and online gaming industries. We deliver key information to defined target audiences through news content, events and data products.
Our employee over 200 staff globally, our London Headquarters employs over 125 staff in modern offices by the Barbican.
Fundmap, a premium intelligence product for the global investment management industry, is seeking a head of content to oversee all mandate and news content globally, working with our teams in London, New York, Hong Kong and Cardiff.
This is a senior content role and reports into the Chief content officer.
- Oversee a content team of 20 news reporters and researchers
- Ensure accuracy, reach and quality of coverage and tagging of daily institutional investor mandates
- Ensure daily news meets requirements of the Fundmap news content plan and overall Pageant editorial guidelines
- Build out coverage of Europe (and eventually Asia, Middle East, Africa and Latin America) to complement current North America coverage
- Work with product team to develop an Investors six monthly survey to augment investor profiles
- Develop a series of newsletters for different Investor types, curating existing pageant content to provide an incentive for survey completion
- Assist in recruitment and training of a new research team to gather survey responses
- Oversee production of monthly data and insights reports
- Serve as the content representative on the Fundmap working group, which is tasked with gathering feedback from current, former and prospective and implanting improvements to the product
- Work with the leadership team in Cardiff to recruit, develop, motivate and retain the research staff
- Liaise with events team as content point of contact for the annual Institutional Asset Management Awards.
- Assist private market publications with data mining and analysis to ensure teams are using data consistently across the board
- Extensive experience as a senior manager of research/editorial teams, overseeing market data and news content generation
- Extensive experience running large-scale, global research/editorial projects
- Track record of crafting business cases for product enhancements and new product launches
- Direct experience working with data management systems
- Demonstrable success in crafting, executing editorial methodology and strategy
- High-level understanding of asset management industry and specifically private markets
- Intimate knowledge of institutional investors, especially U.S. pension funds
- Experienced professional in industry and stakeholder engagement
- Proven track record in training and developing research/editorial teams, proven effectiveness in mentoring and coaching
- University degree in journalism or communications
- Bilingual in English and one of the following languages: Finnish, Dutch, Mandarin or Japanese
- International work experience (being based in more than one region)
How to Apply
Please email your CV and Cover letter to Gavin Clink firstname.lastname@example.org