Global Wealth Editor – US
Pageant Media provides exclusive editorial, research, data and events for senior executives within the asset management industry. Our editorial brands, including HFM, REFI, PCFI and Traditional Fund Intelligence, are seen as market leaders in providing asset manager sales and IR execs with the actionable information they require to help them raise and retain assets.
To maintain and grow our leading position in the market we need to continue to hire highly motivated, thoughtful and inquisitive journalists to ensure our subscribers are getting the exclusive intelligence they need first, and most comprehensively, through our range of services.
The editor in charge of executing Pageant Media’s private wealth content strategy will be filling a vital role for the company across our global brands HFM, REFI, Traditional Fund Intelligence and PCFI.
Coverage of investors and their actions is the focal point of the firm’s editorial and research efforts and key to its future as the leading provider of valuable business intelligence tools for the global fund management industry.
The ideal candidate will have a strong reporting and research background, although we will consider individuals with an exceptional track record in either profession.
In terms of reporting, we are looking for experience building fruitful source networks, uncovering news ahead of rivals and regularly delivering exclusive stories. Knowledge of private wealth asset allocation strategies and alternative asset classes is also a big plus.
The role may also suit someone with a strong research and data track record in the asset management arena, who could utilize their book of industry contacts for this expanded role.
You’ll be leading a team of eight journalists reporting on the investing activities of private banks, wealth managers, MFOs an SFOs across the globe. You’ll also be working closely with our data and research heads to ensure we are providing our subscribers with as much actionable information as possible about this vital and growing part of the allocator universe.
The successful candidate will play a key leadership role as one of the senior journalists helping to drive forward our successful asset management brands at an exciting time for the company’s growth.
The target audience for our content is asset raisers at asset management companies, institutional investors, investment consultants, and wealth intermediaries who need reliable information on the asset allocation strategies and investment decisions of investors around the world.
- Leading Pageant Media coverage of global private wealth activity
- Developing a network of sources among private banks, SFOs, MFOs, wealth managers, consultants and fund managers
- Coordinating coverage with our data and research teams
- Being the go-to expert on these markets, both internally and externally
- Serving as an expert voice for events and video panels and representing the company at conferences
- Editing daily flow of news and analysis on private wealth investor activity
- Managing a team of direct reports who produce daily news stories
- Recruiting and selecting new staff when there are vacancies
- Training and developing team members, setting development goals
- Overseeing all areas of discipline and management of the team
- Conducting annual performance reviews and determining appropriate pay increases
- A strong financial reporting background uncovering exclusive stories on a regular basis
- We will also consider candidates with a strong research background covering asset management
- Experience in identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with key industry contacts
- Experience gathering and analysing research and turning data into actionable intelligence is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Results-oriented, high personal integrity and strong work ethic
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org