EGR Global News Editor – London
EGR Global (eGaming Review) is the world’s leading B2B publisher and membership networking group for the online gaming industry, featuring consistent exclusive news, interviews, and comment from the most influential people in the sector.
EGR, part of Pageant Gaming Media, is seeking a dynamic and energetic journalist to join its editorial team and help take its leading news coverage of the global online gambling industry to the next level.
Based in Pageant’s modern London office near St Paul’s, the news editor position will suit either an experienced news editor or a senior reporter looking to take the next step up in their career. The role will involve breaking exclusive news stories, copy editing news stories written by EGR’s reporters, providing regular feedback to the team and ensuring the website is updated daily.
The successful candidate will join a team of six journalists and primarily work on our flagship EGR title but will also write for a number of articles for its sister titles including EGR Technology and EGR Marketing. EGR has a strong track record of breaking exclusive industry stories, and the news editor will be expected to ensure EGR’s online content improves even further.
EGR hosts a number of events and awards throughout the year in the UK, US, Spain, Malta and Eastern Europe, so there will be plenty of opportunities for international travel.
· Write regular online news articles and break off-diary stories
· Lead daily news meetings to ensure news leads are being followed up by reporters
· Copy edit all news stories and provide regular feedback to reporters on where improvements can be made
· Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
· Work with EGR’s head of content on producing new editorial products and features
· Regularly interview and profile senior industry executives of some of the world’s biggest gambling brands
· Work as part of the EGR news desk to help ensure all online and print deadlines are met
· Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the online gambling sector
· Represent the EGR brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
· At least two years experience as a senior reporter or news editor, preferably with another B2B publication
· Excellent news writing and copy-editing skills
· A journalism degree and/or NCTJ training preferable but not essential
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· An interest and some knowledge of the online gambling world is not essential but would be advantageous
How To Apply
Please send your CV and Cover letter to Gavin Clink email@example.com