Deputy Editor – London
Real Estate Fund Intelligence is seeking a talented and enthusiastic deputy editor to join its London-based team.
Reporting into REFI’s editor in New York, the successful candidate will work alongside a three-person team in the UK to break news on capital raising and key transactions and trends in the commercial real estate private equity market. Duties will include reporting and writing stories, using proprietary and external data to source and analyse key market trends, and building a strong network of sources and edit stories.
In addition to writing and reporting, the deputy editor supports the editor by working with the other UK-based reporters on their stories. Strong writing and editing skills are essential, as well as a collaborative spirit.
The brand’s website and weekly print newsletter cover market-moving news and analysis across all real estate asset classes in continental Europe and the UK.
- Break news on new real estate private equity funds and other capital raising initiatives
- Support the editor by editing stories and overseeing the daily newsletter and weekly PDF issue
- Develop a network of key European sources, with an emphasis on the 100-largest firms
- Attend in-person and virtual events
- Assist the editor with the management of the London- and Cardiff-based team
- Five to seven years working in a newsroom, preferably covering financial news
- Proficient in working with data and content management systems
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, journalism ethics, multi-tasking and strong time management skills
How to apply
Please email a cover letter and CV to Gavin Clink firstname.lastname@example.org