Data and Research Associate – Cardiff
HFM supports a global community of hedge fund professionals with world-class industry news, research, analysis and data. Tracking over $3trn in AUM from over 18,000 funds, HFM’s database monitors performance, investment terms, strategy updates and contact information.
We are looking for an individual to help track Hedge Fund performance and strategy, as well as contribute towards the build of additional funds and contact information. The data will be gathered in line with Pageant’s strategic requirements, which will include undertaking online research using internet-based research tools and contacting key persons directly.
You will need to be a self-motivated individual with a keen eye for detail. The ability to prioritise, organise and show initiative when dealing with several tasks and workloads simultaneously, as well as being willing to learn new skills, in a fast-paced environment is vital for the role in question.
- Collecting qualitative and quantitative information on funds within a specific universe
- Entering and maintaining fund records and performance in the fund databases
- Liaising with funds’ back office teams to check details and validate performance results
- Producing a monthly league table and strategy indices
- Contacting marketing representatives and managers in order to populate new fund information
Person – Key Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- This role would suit a recent graduate with data-entry experience and a strong eye for detail
- Applicants should also have experience using research techniques or collating complex projects
- Good knowledge of Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Applicants must be confident, proactive, able to work on their own
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven knowledge of the financial sector
- Additional language skills
- BS degree in Finance, Economics or related field
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to Gavin Clink firstname.lastname@example.org