Copywriter – London
Can you turn complex technical financial jargon into slick, simple and engaging copy?
Can you turn the most obscure data findings into a compelling and convincing story?
You get the gist, we’ll get on with it.
We’re excited to be recruiting for an experienced copywriter to join our newly formed, and fast growing, brand team.
Reporting into the Head of Brand and Customer Experience, and joining as our first copywriter hire, we are looking for a creative and performance-driven Financial Services Copywriter who will support the team in writing copy that will appeal to our customers – both new and existing – and ultimately drive sales and improve conversion rates.
You will be an expert copywriter, specialised in creating highly engaging copy and consistently pushing to deliver exceptional results.
So, who are Pageant Media
Well, for starters, we won’t be Pageant Media much longer.
Originally a B2B media company, over the last 5 years Pageant has been transitioning out of publishing and into FinTech, using it’s unique heritage to provide a truly disruptive take on data to support the asset raising and allocating process.
Completing it’s transition in November, Pageant will be re-announcing itself to the world under a new tech-focussed brand, with a new set of values and a clear mission of becoming truly ubiquitous in the industry.
What are these new values you ask?
Continuous improvement: United by our spirit of enquiry, we are driven to learn and grow. We are all insight seekers. Constantly asking ‘Why?’, ‘What’s next?’ ‘How can we do this better?’
Consistent quality: We keep our promises and deliver the goods each and every time.
To best help each other, our partners, suppliers, and serve our customers, we act with integrity, and strive for quality that’s consistent in the long-term.
Impact: We believe ideas are nothing without action. That our work is only as good as the results it enables. Natural entrepreneurs, we’re committed to making things happen with speed and decisiveness. We make an impact.
Individuality: We believe that multiple perspectives make for richer ideas and better decision making. Diverse in thought and expertise, each of our people is valued for what they can uniquely contribute.
Partnership: We believe that connection unleashes the best in us all. As a team of individuals, we’re at our best when we collaborate and cross fertilise ideas.
And what might a day in the life of, well, potentially you, look like?
Well. We move and think fast, so it’s important that you are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to support the team in every way possible.
But one thing we can assure you, no two days will be the same:
- You might be helping define and deliver content strategies for the next calendar year.
- You might be working with Web Marketing to develop and optimise content for our website.
- You might be writing scripts for our Sales and Research/Data Outreach teams.
- You might be working with Product Marketing, writing content for case studies and whitepapers.
- You might be working with our Demand Generation team to produce high-converting email and social campaigns.
- You might be assisting with video scripting and storyboarding.
- You might be working with our brand new TOV guidelines to create best practise documentation for future and existing employees.
- You might be pitching copy concepts and presenting underlying strategic thinking to others
- You’ll most certainly be interpreting creative direction and converting briefs – both formal and informal – into persuasive copy concepts.
What we absolutely need you to have for this role.
- Previous experience working in financial sector as a copywriter.
- Previous experience working as Copywriter in a B2B SaaS sector model company.
- Experience in writing both short-form and long-form copy.
- Experience working with web content.
- Knowledge of the asset management industry, and how it works.
What we’d love you to have, but we’re not counting on it for this role.
- Experience in sales funnel copywriting.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of NLP in sales and marketing.
- Experience of testing and optimisation.
- Working knowledge of metrics and data analysis in performance marketing.
- Understanding and practical knowledge of UX writing, and the benefits of good micro-copy in user experience design
- Experience working in sprints
- Experience working in design systems
What we’ll be expecting you to be:
- Passionate, humble and talented
- You have a natural flair for demystifying complex jargon
- You have really beautiful command of the English language
- You’re keen to collaborate, but also comfortable flying solo
- You have a good understanding of the asset management industry.
- You’re obsessed with detail, willing to sweat over a two-word CTA and your life’s memoirs in equal proportion.
- Passionate at helping an established media player complete its transition into a challenger/disrupter in the Fintech space.
- A proactive, motivated approach – the ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly.
- You have exceptional people skills, able to demonstrate leadership ability, offer candid critique, and defend your choices
- Ability to adapt to and perform well in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org