The Drawdown, the leading analysis, news and events resource for private equity's operational leaders, is seeking a sharp, driven and ambitious journalist to help launch and lead its North American coverage.
An essential read for private equity CFOs, COOs and mid and back office professionals, The Drawdown addresses and explores new operational demands facing the industry as it matures and moves towards greater institutionalisation. We are the fastest-growing publication focused on private equity operations and produce a monthly magazine, daily online content, regular newsletters, as well as several events.
Reports into: Alice Murray, head of content for private equity.
The successful applicant will work on The Drawdown's monthly print title and dedicated website, as well as contribute to the shaping of content for panel discussions, and represent the publication in the North American market.
The role is a great opportunity for a self-starting, quick learner looking to take on more responsibility and carve out a focused area of expertise within financial journalism. Depending on the candidate and experience, the role would involve an initial six-to-twelve week period of working alongside The Drawdown's London editorial team, before permanently moving to Pageant Media's offices in New York City.
Both European and North American applicants will be considered.
· Basic reporting skills and a professional telephone manner. The reporter will be speaking with senior institutional investment decision makers and the ability to create a rapport with these contacts is essential
· An inquisitive drive and strong news instinct, with the ability to write clear, strong copy in English
· An understanding of the private equity and institutional investment sectors, or extensive financial/business reporting experience, is preferred
· Excellent networking skills and a track record of developing useful contacts and sources
· Exceptional time management and organisational skills
Please email a CV, cover letter, and two-to-three clippings to firstname.lastname@example.org