EGR Global, part of Pageant Media, is seeking a talented journalist to help drive our market-leading coverage of the online gambling industry.
Based in our new London office, the role will involve breaking off-diary news stories, writing features and building up a large contact book of sources in one of the most dynamic parts of the leisure sector.
The successful candidate will join a team of six journalists and primarily work on growing our regulatory and compliance coverage of the industry, as well as taking a leading role in driving EGR’s expansion into emerging markets. Stories could include anything from the potential legalisation of sports betting in the US, to high-profile court cases to multi-million pound fines.
EGR also hosts a number of events throughout the year in the US, Asia, Australia, South America and across Europe, so there will be plenty of opportunities for international travel.
• Write daily news articles and break off-diary stories
• Pitch and write informed and insightful analysis pieces
• Write features for our monthly magazines based on in-depth research of some of the key regulatory issues impacting the industry
• Regularly interview and profile regulators, politicians and senior executives at some of the world’s biggest gambling brands
• Work as part of the EGR news desk to help ensure that all online and print deadlines are met
• Build and maintain a contact book of senior professionals in the online gambling sector
• Represent the EGR brand at a range of events, conferences and summits around the world
At least one year’s journalism experience, preferably with another B2B publication
• A journalism degree and/or NCTJ training preferable but not essential
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• An interest and some knowledge of the online gambling world would also be advantageous
Please email a cover letter and CV to EGR’s Group Head of Content, Andy Roocroft: firstname.lastname@example.org